Saturday, March 3, 2018

Playing with New Goodies


Went to the Scrapbook Expo yesterday and did a little shopping.  When I unpacked, it was actually less than I thought.  WOW!  Such restraint!  You should have seen last year (much of which I've still not even opened.  LOL)



But anyway, today's crap weather kept me in and playing with some of my new goodies.  Look at all that hail!



I made this male birthday card for the Outlawz Sunday CAS and also to fit in 2 of the other Outlawz Challenges, as well.  This is my second for Twisted Thursday Metallics and I finally tried some of the Nuvo Gilding Flakes I'd not opened from last year.  The third Outlawz challenge is for the Festive Fridays Lots of Glitter theme because all of that black in between the clockworks is Basic Black Silk Microfine Glitter from Elizabeth Craft, applied through a Tim Holtz Stencil.  (Sorry I couldn't get a glittery shot with my camera.)  I applied some Perfect medium to the back of the stencil so I'd be able to remove it from the tape on the card stock and then burnished silver and gold Gilding Flakes to the pattern that was left.  Then finished it off with a sticker sentiment and black border.  Definitely different than my usual style, but I can't wait to do a bit more experimenting with this technique.

I'm also entering this is the DL.Art March Linky Challenge, the DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #223 AG Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #77 AG, TTRCD Week of Feb 27 AG (using Sponsor Sparkle and Sprinkle products) and Simon Says Wednesday AG

6 comments:

  1. this is so great card!
    oh your new goodies are great!
    Im jelaous I want also go to that expo but is so far away! I never been on any that kinda event!
    have fun with your new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks amazing! Love the gold gears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Donna :-) I have spent ages admiring this and wondering how you did it! thanks for the explanation, I am going to have a go at this technique now too, very lovely -)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY masculine and love the glittery effect, a perfect card.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool looking card Donna. I didn't buy much this year either. The cat is adorable. Thank you for joining the DL.ART March Linky Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!